There are 2 versions of this helicopter, Devo or WK2801-PRO radio compatible. Please order the correct version depending on the radio you own.
No transmitter and no charger are included in this package.
The V450D01-PRO is one of the best flybarless 450 3D helicopter available in the market.
This version has been tested by DKFuji and approved by Wow Hobbies. Buyers beware, there are many versions of V450D01. Wow Hobbies has been working closely with Walkera in the R&D of the V450D01 and its 3-axis firmware to ensure close matchup with Align Trex450 3g flybarless.
Our special thanks to DKFuji for his tireless testing and 3-axis analysis of the V450D01.
The Walkera V450D01 flybarless comes fully assembled, tested and available at a fraction of the cost of other brands. It was first demonstrated at the AMA EXPO on Jan 18, 2011. Basically the V450D01 was installed with the Turbo Ace 804 motor at the show. It was the first time our pilot Jose Campos flew this V450D01 and we are honored that he had set aside the time at the show to do the demo for us. See the V450D01 in its maiden flight at the AMA EXPO
Includes upgraded Turbo Ace 804 Supremo motor installed
Here are the reasons why Wow Hobbies is the best value for your helicopter(s) purchase.
1. All helicopters are tested at our warehouse in Shenzhen, China before air shipment to California USA. The factory QA transparent label outside the box is opened at this checkpoint.
2. All helicopters are re-tested at our warehouse in California. An actual hover test is performed, gyro is checked during flight and a visual inspection of the helicopter is conducted. A green QA label is affixed at this checkpoint. Also a battery installation instruction that has been ignored by Walkera has been affixed to ensure a trouble-free setup.
3. A no DOA (Dead on arrival) guarantee by Wow Hobbies which protects you from shipping damages.
A history of the V450 development will help to unveil why the new Walkera V450’s flybarless is one of the greatest flybarless 450. Since the V450 Alpha version, numerous improvements were made and Walkera continued holding back the release date which was originally scheduled for September 2010. Since, Wow Hobbies continued working closely with Walkera in the R&D and testing stages of the Walkera V450D01. Perhaps, Walkera has learned its lesson from the serious set back of the V120D02 which were prematurely released earlier this year. Unlike any other Walkera helicopters, the V450D01 took the longest to finish since its beta version and Walkera took its time to make it right. Alpha version of the V450D01 was first tested by a Taiwanese pro and a complete report was generated (in Chinese) for Walkera earlier this summer. Since then Walkera has work desperately in perfecting the V450. The Alpha version of the V450 hardware made many improvements, particularly the cyclic and the tail servos. They are much faster, stronger and more accurate than its previous version. The technologies implemented were cutting edge similar to what JR, Align, Futa & Skookum are using today. Walkera is not a new comer in servo development, they have been doing this for years and they have one of the world’s greatest engineering teams. As of today Walkera is the only manufacturer who can make reliable micro servos, not even Hi-tek, JR, Futaba or Align was able to come close. So Walkera has the hardware all nailed down by October 2010 but unfortunately the firmware wasn’t up to par. Several more samples were sent for additional testing and the feedback was disappointing. We all saw the first few videos and no one was impressed. Wow begged Walkera to further prolong the release date and to our surprise they were in total agreement. At that point we had no doubt that Walkera was determined to make a splash with their first 450. So, many testers continued the evaluation but no one could figure out what was wrong with the flight charasteristic despite of the excellent hardware. Wow Hobbies started working closely with Dkfuji who spend countless time in analyzing the 3-Axis action. The result was nothing short of astonishing and the V450 took a complete 180 turn. We must say, Walkera was very patient with this model and they listened and impletemented every thing we proposed. By November 2010, it has transformed from a barely flyable heli to one of the world’s greatest flybarless 450 ever created.
The hardware is superb and the 3-Axis performance is outstanding. Here are more details. Excellent 3-Axis gyro
Wow’s 3-Axis gyro performance comparison and ratings
Our 3-Axis ratings are based on how well the tail holds during the vertical climb out from 0 to 10 feet in approximately 2 seconds and how the 3-Axis performed in 3-D flight (The following receivers were installed on a 450 belt drive helicopter during the test). As you can see, the RX2702V used on the V450 is the best receiver Walkera has ever made.
RX2612V (HM-4F200-Z-43) $59.95 includes RX .....................C
RX2610V (HM-V120D02-Z-12) $59.95 includes RX ................C-
RX2610S (HM-4G6S-Z-42) $44.95 includes RX .......................C- RX2702V (HM-V450D01-Z-17) $119.95 includes RX ...........A
available at http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-v450d01-z-17receiverrx2702vforwalkera4v450d01.aspx
COPTERX (CX-3X900) $169.99 No RX included ......................B-
ALIGN 3G (AGNH45109) $349.95 No RX included ..................A+ Outstanding hardware
Excellent tail gyro build-in the receiver. The build-in tail gyro has the best tail hold among all Walkera gyros.
The tail servo has CNC metal cooling case and runs at .08 superb speed. Again equivalent to the Align tail servo's in term of speed and performance.
Excellent grade of aluminum and carbon- It is no clone grade.
Walkera V450 and Align 450 flybarless ARF (without radio) cost comparison
Align Super 450 Sports kit (not flybarless and not assembled) $375
AGNH45110 : 450 PRO 3G flybarless kit with 3-Axis gyro (upgrades the Align Super 450 Sports to flybarless) $349
AR7000 receiver $109
Assembly labor for the kit $20 per hour X 5 HRS $100
Total for Align 450 FLYBARLESS ARF heli $968
Total for Walkera V450 ARF heli $359
Price difference 270%
Why do you want to purchase a V450D01 flybarless heli from Wow Hobbies?
1. Our in-depth knowledge and experience with the V450D01 since we were closely involved in the testing and R&D of this helicopter.
2. 3-axis flybarless helicopter is complex & sophisticated, getting the correct version of the helicopter will make a world of difference in flight performance. Wow ensures you get our approved version.
3. Shipping a helicopter of this size is much quicker and cheaper than obtaining it from China.
4. No dead on arrival guarantee. If something ever goes wrong during shipping, the problem can be resolved much quicker within the USA.
5. All helicopters are flight tested and programmed for the ultimate flybarless 3-axis 3-D performance.
6. We include a three page step by step 3-Axis setup instructions which clarifies many of the key points and typos in the Walkera manual. The RX2702V is not a straight forward 3-Axis setup like the RX2610V and it may take many hours to figure it out by reading the Walkera manual.
1) Main Rotor Diameter. : 731mm
2) Tail Rotor Diameter. : 150mm
3) Overall Length: 670mm
4) All-up Weight: 748g (Battery included)
5) Transmitter is not included.
6) Receiver: RX-2702V-D (Wow Hobbies approved latest version)
7) Brushless Speed Controller: WK-WST-40A-2
8) Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh Li-Po
9) Charger is not included.
Walkera V450D01 2.4gHz 6CH Flybarless Helicopter with CNC Upgrade
Turbo Ace 804 Brushless motor
- Transmitter is not included.
11.1V 2200mAh Walkera Li-polymer Battery
2 to 3 cell wall charger is not included.
Wow Hobbies' step by step three page 3-Axis setup instructions.