RTF with fully installed LED lighting system.
See night video
See day video - Improved visibility with flashing LED.
LED color and lighting are designed to conform with FAA aircraft lighting rules. The CB180Z-Pro-LED not only shows off in the day time but also enables night flying when the wind is mostly calm. Each side of the heli has 3 LED which flashes in sequential pattern and one anchor light that remains solid for better visual. 3 LED can be turned off and transformed to the scale look with only one solid lit LED on each side. FAA rules in avoiding aircraft collision, when you see aircraft with red light it immediately signifies its 9 o'clock heading and when you see green light, it's 3 o'clock heading. Other lights included are double head lamps and flashing tail light.
Pilot side- Red lights (3 LED in sequential flashing pattern and can be turned off plus one anchor LED that remains lit, total of 4 LED on each side)
Passenger side- Green lights (3 LED in sequential flashing pattern and can be turned off plus one anchor LED that remains lit, total of 4 LED on each side)
Double front landing lights- 2 white LED head lamps
Tail light- Flashing white LED
Total of 11 LED installed on heli plus 3 extra spare LED bulbs one each in white, red and green.
Package includes the Upgraded CB180Z-Pro-LED Wind-Rider & WK2403 transmitter with dual rate and throttle limiter adjustments.
Unlike the stock CB180Z, the Wind-Rider is an action-packed upgraded heli that flies well in 3-5 mph wind while retaining its easy-to-fly Bell characteristics. The maneuverability comes from the extra travel in its cyclic servos, which the stock model lacks.
Many claim that their Walkera CB180Z, CB180D or CB180Q can fly outdoors on a windy day, but their videos fail to show proof of windy conditions. The truth is that no stock CB180Z/D/Q can handle more than 2 mph wind, no matter how good the pilot is. The stock versions of the CB180Z/D/Q will simply sail away with the wind, since they don't have enough cyclic servo travel to tilt and fly against the current. In this video you can clearly see how much the leaves sway, and you can be your own judge on how hard the wind is really blowing. Would 3-5mph be a fair estimate? The wind has a tremendous effect on how a fixed pitch heli is able to perform, so next time you watch a video, don't just look at the heli. Pay close attention to the leaves. Watch the video below and discover the real truth behind the Wind Rider.
There are several versions of the CB180Z. Buyers, please beware of the differences.
1. Stock Walkera CB180Z & WK2402 transmitter, also sold under other private label names in USA. You have to pick a super calm day to fly it.
2. Upgraded CB180Z-Pro Wind-Rider & WK2402 transmitter (without dual rate). The upgraded CB180Z-Pro has extended servo travel and is more agile than the stock versions. It flies well in light wind.
3. Stock CB180Z & WK2403 transmitter with the upgraded dual rate and throttle limit adjustments. This is a $15 radio upgrade from 2402 to 2403. You have to pick a super calm day to fly it.
4. Upgraded CB180Z-Pro Wind-Rider & WK2403 transmitter with dual rate which allow for tame or wild windy condition flights at a flip of a switch. It also has throttle limit adjustments. The upgraded CB180Z-Pro implements the extended servo travel and is much more agile than the stock versions. It flies well in light wind.
5. Upgraded CB180Z-Pro Wind-Rider & WK2801-Pro programmable transmitter with dual rate which allow for tame or wild windy condition flights at a flip of a switch. It also has throttle limit adjustments. The upgraded CB180Z-Pro implements the extended servo travel and is much more agile than the stock versions. It flies well in light wind.
I started out with the Falcon 40/ Sabre and crashed it at least 200 times before I learned how to hover nose out. The standard 90 degree flybar fixed pitch helis have weak tail authority and are difficult to fly. I've burnt out about 8 tail motors and 3 main motors in the process. When the CB180Z was released, I was very excited that there was finally a model that overcame all the shortcomings. Unfortunately, it did have a flaw. The CB180Z was easy to hover but impossible to fly in even a light breeze. I had to wait for the perfect weather conditions, and we all know that is rare in most regions of the world. I went through a withdraw, LOL. It was hard to resist the temptation to fly, and I finally gave in. Well, we all know what happened next... my CB180Z floated away like a balloon.
Since the CB180Z was released, Wow Hobbies has been continuously pursuing a beginner heli that is easy to fly and wind resistant. As you can see, that dream has come true.
This package includes battery, charger, transmitter radio and extra main blades. However, it does not include the extra transmission gear set which does not come with the original CB180Z factory package.
What is the difference buying helicopters from Wow verses another Walkera dealer?
At Wow, all our RC helicopters are triple inspected and tested. After Walkera completes the initial post production quality assurance test, each shipment is tested again by Wow's China QA Center. The third and final test by Wow's California Warehouse includes an actual hover/gyro test and a multi-point inspection of parts and mechanisms. In addition helicopter shipped from Wow carries a no DOA (Dead on arrival) guarantee.
1) Precise CNC-machined metal rotor head provides more operation accuracy.
2) Implimentation of compact swashplate mechanism with stabilizing flybar translates to superior stability.
3) Gear and shaft driven structure makes settings easier and more efficient to fly.
4) New 2.4G technology with custom identification and precise code pairing to enable 20 aircrafts to fly in the same field simutaneously.
5) High performance Brushless motor powered by 7.4V 1000mAh Lipo offers 9 to 11 minutes of flight time, depending on your flight mode.
1) Brushless Motor: WK-WST-21-003
2) Brushless Speed Controller: WK-WST-20A-1
3) All-up Weight: 278g (Battery included)
4) Tail Rotor Diameter: 121 mm
5) Main Rotor Diameter: 440 mm
6) Overall Length: 432 mm
7) Gyro: Built-in
8) Battery: 7.4V 1000mAh Li-Po
9) Receiver: RX-2437S with 3-Axis Gyro
10) Transmitter: WK-2403 with dual rate adjustment and throttle limiter
11) Rudder Servo: wk-7601 weight 6.0g / speed 0.08 sec/60°(4.8V)torque 1.0kgf.cm /dimension 21.5*11.8*21.7mm Servo: wk-7.6g-6 weight 8.5g / speed 0.09sec/60°(4.8V)torque 0.9kgf.cm /dimension 22.5*11.5*24mm