Newest version features features
1. Extended 2mm height to clear tail blades from striking the ground during landing and take off.
2. Elegant structured curve design
3. Super light weight. Less than half the weight of a stock carbon fin
4. Made of premium carbon fiber
5. Exact matching mounting screws to secure both the tail stand and block to the tail boom
6. Extra narrow fin to prevent main blades from catching it on the tail boom
At less than half the original tail stand/fin weight, this professional tail stand height is the same height used on the V120D02/V120D01 which raises the 4G6, 4G6S, 4#6, 4#6s, 4#6 BELL, NOVUS 125 CP, NOVUS 125 FP tail by 2mm and clears the tail blades from striking the ground. The extended bottom tip of the stand can also be sanded/cut 2-3 mm shorter to match the stock 4G6, 4#6 tail fin height if needed.
Designed by professional RC pilots, this is the most well thought out carbon tail stand/fin upgrade set you will find in the market. Less is more when it comes to tail stand & fins because a small reduction in tail mass can make a huge difference in minimizing inertia. Utilization of premium carbon material allows us to reduce the tail stand profile while increasing strength. The final design features a clean line curvature that's visually appealing. A bulkier and more complex design would not have been a good fit with a sub-micro. Also very important is, due to the unecessary extra width of the stock horizontal fin, it is common for the main blades to catch and tangle with the fin causing serious damage to both the head and tail assemblies. The width of Wow's horizontal carbon fin has been drastically down sized to reduce the chance of this incident. It is one of the narrowest fin design ever available for the 4G6/S, 4#6/S/Bell. You can also use this carbon stand on the Walkera V120D01/02 flybarless helicopters. This stand is 2mm higher than the stock 4G6/S, 4#6/S/Bell tail stand and it has the same height as the stock V120D01/02 stand and at less than half the weight.
This professional tail fin set comes with the correct length screws which are difficult to find. There are 2 types of stock screws from the Walkera 4G6 helicopter so you should not use the stock screws as some may not match depending on the time your purchased your 4G6 helicopter. Wow Hobbies makes it easy for you as we have included 2 specific length screws. If the screw length is too long, the tail shaft will lock up and stop spinning. If the screw length is too short, you will have a tail block that is not properly secured. There are no carbon fiber tail stand/fin package we know off in the market that comes with proper screws that are so important to complete a flawless installation.
Stock horizontal fin and tail assembly with tail rotor shown on windows in photo are for your reference only, they are not included. Only the carbon fiber stand, horizontal fin and screws are included.
Benefits of the Wow carbon tail stand and the matching tail fin:
1. The carbon tail stand is one of the lightest among 4G6 carbon stands in the industry and yet offers added strength. The weight saving is significant in the micro helicopter allowing easier handling and faster speed. With the tail being lighter, it also improves center of gravity.
2. The extra height of the tail stand clears and reduces the possibility of the tail blades from striking the ground
3. Holes are precisely drilled on the tail stand so that it does not rock with the supplied screws.
4. The matching carbon fin has a super narrow design to prevent the main blades from catching the tail fin which causes damage to surrounding parts such as head assembly and tail boom. See size comparison photo, stock size is shown below the Wow carbon fin. Wow's carbon fin is the narrowest design for Walkera 4#6 and 4G6 series micros, merely at 28mm in width verses Walkera stock and other upgrade fin at 38mm or more.
This carbon horizontal fin will require no alteration to the existing 4G6 and 4#6 and it plug and play but if you own a 4G6S or 4#6s, you can snip off the wings of the old fin and stack this horizontal cabon tail fin on top of the stock fin by securing it with some glue. If you do not want to snip the wings of the old fin and you do not want to do any alteration and like it to be plug and play for your V120D01, V120D02, 4G6S and 4#6S/Bell, go to http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-4g6-z-17servoholderforwalkera4g6-1.aspx
and purchase the plastic piece which mounts the horizontal fin to the tail boom without any cutting necessary. This part can be seen at the lower left corner of that item's photo.
Wow carbon tail stand weights 0.47g verses stock 4G6 tail stand at 1.05g
Wow carbon tail fin weights 0.16g verses stock 4G6 tail fin at 0.38g
Included screw length 4.35mm
Total weight saving is 0.80g